One of the most important skills in thought leadership marketing is the ability to communicate an idea in a jargon-free, informative and interesting way. Alterra Group’s writers are consummate professional wordsmiths who have written and edited hundreds of documents for some of the world’s largest professional services firms and best-known authors.
Unlike many freelance writers, we go beyond simply “putting pen to paper” and crafting good prose. We work with your subject matter experts to translate what’s in their heads into ideas that are engaging and clear to their target audience. As part of that process, we build the structure of a written piece’s argument to first ensure the logic is solid and the content substantive. If additional development is needed, we work with experts to fill logic and content gaps and ensure the argument is structurally sound. Only after the foundation of the piece is in place do we write final copy.
Alterra Group’s professionals help clients create and promote a diverse range of thought leadership and other marketing content, including:
- Case studies that demonstrate how a company’s customers have benefited from the company’s offerings
- White papers that advance a company’s perspective or thinking on an issue important to customers
- Research reports that shed light on a subject that customers care about or that is capturing the attention of a target market
- Feature articles that reach customers and prospects through traditional media outlets such as newspapers, magazines and journals (both print and online)
- Annual reports that help a company tell its story more effectively to the investment community
- Books that explore in detail an issue in which a company has deep experience and expertise
- Videos and podcasts that use the power of the electronic medium to convey a company’s story
- Speeches and presentations that captivate audiences by going beyond simply presenting “facts and figures” to tell a strong, coherent story
- Website and blog copy that provides a sampling of a company’s thinking or messages in a short and easily digestible form that entices the target audience to explore further